When picking a swimsuit for a pear-shaped body follow these tips:
- Avoid tankinis – tankinis are bad for pears because the put a line directly across the hips. It pulls the attention to your hips and makes them look wider.
- Avoid V-necks. Deep v-necks literally point down bringing your eye down to your hips.
- If you’re going with patterns make sure the pattern on top is bolder or brighter than the pattern on the bottom. That way you’re bringing the eye up top.
- You can also put a pattern on top with a solid color on bottom.
- If you want to stick with solid colors you can use two tones. The darker goes on the bottom. If you’re going to stick with one solid color you can add ruffles or embellishments to the top.
- All of these also apply to a one piece! But if you’re just looking at the shape – straps that are farther apart than normal can help to balance out larger hips.
- The same goes for if your top covers more skin than your bottom. Eyes will be drawn to where there is more material.
We’ll cover the rest of summer wear for pear in another post after we cover swimwear for all the other body types.
Other body types, expect swimwear for you to be posted soon!
If you have more specific body typing questions, I’m always willing to answer them. In fact, that’s my favorite thing. So just leave your question in the comments!